it’s january! =)
for some reason, i get quite excited when december turns into january because…well…december’s such a gloomy “everything’s ending” kind of month while january brings a promise of a whole new year to wipe the slate clean and have another chance at making the next 366 (it’s a leap year! yay!) days as great as possible. whee!
well, i’ll be talking to a pillow and perfecting my “if you are in any pain, do let me know” and “please say ‘yes’ if you can feel this on any part of your body” today. urgh. spent new year’s eve practicing on my ticklish cousin (so much for working on my palpation so-called skills) and lamenting the fact that it was too cloudy to see the fireworks from my house. grr.
1. what did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
um. volunteer with an ngo. enjoyed every minute of it, even when it was just office stuff.
2. did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
i don’t make resolutions anymore. i just try to improve as i go along.
3. did anyone close to you give birth?
close…no. oh wait, my cousin-in-law gave birth. oh wait, that was 2006. hmm. oops sorry.
4. did anyone close to you die?
5. what countries did you visit?
man, i didn’t travel at all last year. ok fine, singapore.
6. what would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
7. what dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
not really a date, but a month. september, because that was when the charity run wrapped up. being part of the committee stretched me thin. it wasn’t very pleasant, and i will never get myself involved in something like that out of guilt and obligation anymore, but it sure was memorable.
8. what was your biggest achievement of the year?
helping to raise over RM80,000 for three charities through the imu charity run-carnival.
9. what was your biggest failure?
not doing a very good job at getting sponsors. most of the credit has to go to my colleague, jen.
10. did you suffer illness or injury?
just the usual cold or two. or twenty.
11. what was the best thing you bought?
um. um. i didn’t shop much. maybe that black wraparound blouse from gap.
12. whose behavior merited celebration?
al gore. for cleverly using an altruistic cause to boost his public image and win a nobel prize while at it too.
13. whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. where did most of your money go?
food, for myself and other people.
15. what did you get really, really, really excited about?
harry potter 7, fo sho!
16. what song will always remind you of 2007?
i dunno. i felt the music this year was rubbish.
17. compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
happier, fatter, poorer.
18. what do you wish you’d done more of?
spend time with my family, study, pray, run.
19. what do you wish you’d done less of?
sulk and watch youtube.
20. how did you spend christmas?
went for christmas service, bought char siew and roast pork home, had dinner with family.
21. did you fall in love in 2007?
22. what was your favorite tv program?
2007 was the year of fab tv series! gosh. heroes (yata!), grey’s anatomy, one tree hill, house. love ’em!
23. do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
hate is such a strong word. i prefer “strongly dislike”. having said that, no.
24. what was the best book you read?
never let me go, by kazuo ishiguro.
25. what was your greatest musical discovery?
26. what did you want and get?
a new cardigan. thanks trish, ed and jason!
27. what did you want and not get?
a dslr. =(
28. what was your favorite film this year?
i cannot remember any of the movies i’ve watched in 2007, eventhough i could prolly count ’em all in one hand.
29. what did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
haha my “children” surprised me after lectures on the day before. it was great! =)
30. what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
if i managed to finish everything i started.
31. how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
i started buying more practical stuff, that’s for sure. no more impulse, trend-led purchases for me. nuh-uh.
32. what kept you sane?
33. which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. what political issue stirred you the most?
pakistan’s tragic state.
35. who did you miss?
my dear sec school friends, and m204.
36. who was the best new person you met?
it’d be unfair to choose just one, wouldn’t it? i’d say…the awesome people from ecf.
37. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
be slow to judge, quick to listen and even slower to speak.
alrighty. back to work.